The best thing about my Raw Ramadan challenge is how it allows me to get spontaneously creative in the kitchen. That feeling of not knowing what you’ll have today, but as soon as you open the fridge, you work according to what’s in stock. I love it!
This is a killer recipe for spicy cold noodles with lots of crunchy and meaty vegetables, with a homemade peanut dressing that is sure to knock your socks off.
For the sauce:
2 tbsp peanuts
Half a small Habanero Chilli (optional)
3 cherry Tomatoes
Small piece of Ginger
Few Thai Basil leaves
4 tbsp Organic sesame oil
– Blend in food processor, and season to taste
For the Noodles:
1 packet of rice noodles
Handful of sliced snowpeas
Handful of Chantrelle mushrooms
Few Thai Basil Leaves
1 Sliced Shallot
Few sliced baby corns
3 sliced radishes
Nigella seeds to garnish
Sriracha sauce to garnish
– In a bowl, soak noodles in warm water for 15 minutes. Throw away the water
– In another bowl, dump all the vegetables except the last two ingredients. Add the Noodles.
– Mix in enough of the sauce till everything is coated.
– Plate on your dish and garnish with Sriracha sauce and Nigella seeds.